The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) are organizing a project workshop on "Innovative Financing for Agriculture and Food Value Chains in Bangladesh, Cambodia, P.R. China, and India" for the captioned regional research and development technical assistance (TA).
The workshop aims to faciliate knowledge sharing and communication in the project team as well as seek external feedback on the research results of the TA. Project partners will present their findings and discuss next steps.
Thursday, 28 May, 2015
- Overview of the progress (Kevin Chen, IFPRI)
- Innovations in agri-food value chain financing in Asia (Enjiang Cheng, VU)
- Case studies on innovative value chain financing in project countries and elsewhere (Calvin Miller, FAO)
- Survey findings on innovative value chain financing in dairy and potato sectors in China (Chong Dong, Renmin University)
- Findings from the case studies of innovative value chain financing in China (Jiujie Ma, Renmin University)
Friday, 29 May, 2015
- Survey findings and case studies on innovative value chain financing in the potato sector in India (Gopal Naik, Indian Institute of Management Bangalore)
- Survey findings and case studies on innovative value chain financing in the potato sector in Bangladesh (Khan Murshid, Bangladesh Institute of Development Studies)
- Draft outline of knowledge products (book, policy papers, cross-country comparison papers) (Kevin Chen, IFPRI)
- Progress on the ReSAKSS-Asia website and knowledge platform (Yifei Liu, IFPRI)
- Comparative Findings from the Past and Ongoing Value Chain Studies in Selected Asia Countries and Thoughts for ADB Interventions (Kevin Chen, IFPRI)